What are cookies?
Cookies are widely used tiny files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website.
Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
What do we use them for?
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. We use the well-known web analytics tool 'Google Analytics'.
- Functionality cookies. These are cookies that automatically remember choices that you have previously made in order to improve your experience next time you visit our website. The only such cookie used on our website at the moment is the cookie consent banner!
- Targeting or advertising cookies. These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users' behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services. We currently use Google AdWords for internet advertising.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy.
However, if you do not consent, you can use the security and privacy features of your internet browser to block cookies from this and other websites.
Third party cookies on our website
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly
If you contact us, we will collect your name and email in order to communicate with you.
When you visit this website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, including:
- keeping a record of your relationship with us
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your contact information to other service providers who we work with to deliver the events and services described in our website.
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be particularly relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text and/or telephone marketing, or browsing our website.
Performance of a contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in May 2018.